Get Up and Move!
Consider these tips during your daily routine
We’ve all been there. You get home from work and you’re exhausted from a day of phone calls and meetings and videoconferences. All you want to do is sit and relax and watch tv so you can fall asleep and do it all again tomorrow.
We all know the link between exercise and mental health.
And we all know how exercise will help us prolong our lives and just flat out make us healthier. Just a few things in the run of our home routine can help us feel better, increase our movement, and live a healthier life!
- Get up off that couch! Go for a short walk around the neighborhood after dinner.
- Are you working from home? Set yourself up with a Smartpods desk and give yourself a chance to move more, and more easily!
- Do you really need to watch your shows? Do some small exercises while you’re doing it. Lift a small weight. Do some stretching. Hold your abs tight during the commercials. Do three squats every time Elaine says “Yadda Yadda Yadda”.Are you heading out for some errands?
- Park as far away as possible from the entrance of the store to get more steps in.
- Play the abs game at the stop light. The light is red? Tighten up!
- Ride your bicycle to the local store if you just need a couple of items.
- See those stairs? Take those instead of the elevator! Is the escalator your only option? Skip a couple of steps!
Take a couple of these options and add them into your daily routine. As we spoke before, we spend a lot of time sitting. Once we’re aware of it, it’s important to find a way to take advantage of this time and help get ourselves healthier!